CELEBRATING OUR PAST, ENGINEERING OUR FUTURE
Since 1966 Conwed has developed netting solutions for hundreds of industrial and consumer products worldwide.
Conwed, the leading plastic netting manufacturer in the world, celebrates its 50th anniversary in 2016.
Our netting is used to reinforce, protect, contain, separate, laminate and stretch a wide range of materials and substrates in extremely diverse industries. From erosion control, building and home products to filtration, hygiene, automotive and packaging applications, Conwed netting delivers essential performance to make products lighter, stronger and more durable.
Celebrate with us these 50 years of collaboration and consider us your partner of choice in your next product innovation.
Click here and read our latest press release celebrating our 50 years of netting innovation.
1966 Conwed is established in Minneapolis, Minnesota
1967 Conwed introduced plastic netting to the bedding industry
- Carpet pads are reinforced with Conwed Padmate™
- Extruded tubes used in beer processing and fluid filtration
- Paper wipes and golf tee towels reinforced by Conwed netting
- SodNet® for turf reinforcement was created
1977 Conwed opens a new facility in Athens, Georgia
1978 Conwed introduces Tensionet® pallet wraps
1982 Conwed expands filtration portfolio
1987 Conwed invents patented Thermanet® for nonwoven applications
1989 Conwed expands offices to serve Europe, the Middle East and Africa
1992 Conwed plastic netting replaces twine in hay bale wrapping
1994 Plastic netting for reinforcing dust wipes is developed
1996 Rebound® elastomeric netting is developed for hygiene applications
2000 Global expansion with new manufacturing plant in Genk, Belgium
2001 Conwed introduces 20 foot-wide agricultural netting
2002 Conwed pioneers bi-component netting
2003 Slip resistance and grip products are launched
2004 Conwed engineers erosion control degradable netting
2005 Conwed adds third U.S. location in Roanoke, Virginia
2007 Conwed adds West Chicago location with knitted netting capabilities
2008 Conwed introduces Ecocycle™ Technology
2009 Conwed creates conductive netting for air filtration
2010 Conwed releases new Netpave™ porous paver
2011 Lighter versions of Rebound® elastomeric netting are launched
2012 Conwed develops PVC-free rug liner
2013 Conwed launches elastic nonwoven composites powered by Rebound®
2014 New Flat Rebound® design for hygiene composites
- New Reverse Osmosis Feed Spacers
- High Temperature netting
- MULTINET™ multilayer reinforcement netting
- 50th anniversary as the leading plastic netting manufacturer in the world
- New Ultra High Porosity Feed Spacers for Brackish Water Reverse Osmosis (BWRO)
- Schweitzer-Mauduit International, Inc.- SWM, acquired Conwed Plastics to join its Advanced Materials & Structures (AMS) division.